from Karnataka

9:30 pm. I am on beach, near Karwar. The muggy air has taken me into its grip. My last night in Karnataka. It has never happened in the past. Probably for the first time, I am getting pangs. Pangs of homesickness.

It’s been hectic. 200 kilometers daily traveling, churning out stories, understanding ( pretending to have understood) caste equations, putting them into perspective.


The data card isn’t working. I gather there are some issues over the bill payement. So roaming service has been blocked.

Keying the stories on laptop and sending it from cyber cafes. Most of the hotels in cities are preoccupied by leaders and their partymen. Difficulties in finding shelter.

Different experience. But I don’t regret covering this election. In fact I have learnt not to mind.

No comments: